Wednesday 1 October 2008

THE ELEPHANT GOD

On a trip to some place I forgot the name of I came across a small temple. It was Ganesh the India deity, the guard who had his head chopped off and replaced with an elephants head. Anyway, I’ve been to many temples before while in India but this one was different.

A small room aprox 6 meters in diameter with the colorful wooden Ganesh statue in the centre. As soon as I stepped inside I felt something just above my stomach, as if it lifted my body slightly out of synch. This feeling didn’t go until I left the temple.

Now I presume it was energy, my friends all feel energy in certain places, all talk about it like it’s the norm. However I’ve never experienced it before so it was a shock.

6 weeks later it was Ganesh day and I was in the streets of Pune waving a flag, in the centre of festival crazies. Buts I guess that’s another blog.

No comments: